She Nailed It!
She Nailed It is part of the Habitat for Humanity Women's Build initiative to engage women in a passionate, positive environment building affordable homes that offer families strength and stability.
Every year, businesses sponsor a day during She Nailed It to sent their employees to a Habitat construction site. It is a great team building event which benefits a local family and the local community.
No experience is necessary. Your team will start the morning with a little training and with the guidance of our experienced construction manager you will leave a permanent mark on your community.
Want to sponsor a team or provide a lunch for a volunteer group? Contact
She Nailed It schedule is full.
We are introducing new features to this year's event!
- Check out the NEW Facebook group just for She Nailed It volunteers!
- During this year’s event, our goal is to raise the cost of the Ruiz Family’s kitchen and we are inviting you to join the movement by becoming a fundraiser! The team that raises the most get an extra special surprise! Sign up here
- Meet the family you will build a home for here and sign up to be a fundraiser and help your team! Click Here
Arrival and shift times
- The shift runs from 9:00am-2:30pm, if you cannot stay the entire time or will arrive late, please let us know.
- Volunteers must fill out and sign the liability waiver before scheduled shift which is available at Liability Waiver
- Before beginning, Habitat staff members will lead an orientation to review important information and safety and construction tasks for the day
- Address: 160 Monks Ave, Mankato, MN 56001
What to bring
- Habitat provides all the tools and equipment.
- It is encouraged to bring your own water bottle; Habitat however will have bottled water.
- Lunch will be provided around noon. If you would like to bring your own snacks and/or lunch, you can do so. There will be time for breaks.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
What to wear
- Comfortable clothes that you do not mind getting dirty.
- Closed-towed athletic or work shoes are required. NO SANDLES.
- You may want to wear sunglasses, hat, sunscreen, and work gloves.
What if bad weather is in the forecast?
Depending on the stage of construction, we may or may not be able to work while it is raining. We will make all weather-related decisions by 8pm the night before your scheduled day and let you know via email. We will offer rain dates to reschedule.
Do I need construction experience to volunteer with Habitat?
No experience required! Our volunteers range from those who have never swung a hammer to professional carpenters. All builds are led by experienced and trained site supervisors who will teach you everything you need to know.